My husband is a gas mileage junkie! He is always trying to save money on gas. He is that guy that tracks his mpg with every fill up. (I love him!) I never seem to get as good of mileage as he does. Hmmm…could be that when I have to go somewhere I want to get there, like now. But with our gas budget or fuel budget rather, (all of our vehicles are diesel), on the rise (my husbands job is about 95 miles away), I have learned a thing or two from him. Thankfully, gas and fuel prices are lower than they have been in a long time! Gas in our area is under $2.00 a gallon and diesel is under $3.00 a gallon. This is a great time to try and slash your gas budget.
• Use a lowest gas price app
• Shop at a grocer that gives gas rewards
• Use a gas treatment (our favorite…Marvel’s Mystery Oil)
• Air your tires to the tire manufacturer recommendations NOT the car recommendations
• Keep your vehicle well maintained (oil changed, air filter, etc.)
A good percentage of increased gas mileage is your driving habits, so….
• Decrease your speed by 5 mph…instead of 70, drive 65, etc.
• Use your cruise control if you have a heavy foot
• Start the stopping process earlier…coast to a stop.
• Avoid abrupt take off
• Learn how to hypermile… check out ecomodder.com for more driving tips!
ALWAYS, ALWAYS combine your trips!
Do you have any gas-saving tips? Please share! We would love to hear your tips!