Today is Friday! I am very excited for today as my husband comes home after being gone for 3 weeks. I can’t wait to see his reaction to our well-organized living space! (Although, my master bedroom is looking a little rough 🙂 ) But baby steps, right?!! I hope your week has been fruitful and you are seeing a transformation of your home. I know I am. The key, is to remember, that home organization is a process. It’s not a wiggle your nose and poof it’s done (remember Bewitched :)). Although, some days I wish it were like that!
We are finishing off our kitchens today. But first, we want to do a quick walk through of all the areas we have already covered. Start at the front door at the entry way and move through your main living spaces to pick up everything that does not belong. This should be a quick tidy up. Make sure everything gets put away in it’s proper place!
Alright moving to the kitchen…the dreaded freezer. (This would a great time to defrost your freezer if necessary.)
- Grab your empty trash can.
- Start pulling everything out of your freezer. Check every item.
What to throw away:
- Unrecognizable items
- Any food items that have been in there over a year…safe to say you are not going to use it. (Most experts believe that most frozen foods last 9-12 months) but here is a great chart for you to use if you wish http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/21-incredibly-important-diagrams-to-help-you-get-through-lif?sub=1956975_797780#.dk2jZE4XJ
- If something does not belong or maybe can go in a larger freezer, move it now.
What to put back:
- Only that which you KNOW you will use
- Filled ice trays 🙂
Tip of the day: When freezing bulk meat or prepared meals, use freezer ziplocks and freeze flat for easy stacking. I have done this for a long time and it is amazing how much more I can store in my freezers. Label everything with content and date!
What are some of your craziest finds this week? I know you have them! Here is mine, when I was cleaning out my junk drawer I found a 2 foot flare. Weird! Why would we need a roadside flare in my junk drawer? Not really sure on that one…..maybe I should move it to the car?
Hope you had a great week and enjoy your family this weekend! I know with my house starting to take shape, it has allowed me to do things on the weekend I haven’t done in a long time…like CRAFTING! Oh yeah! Blessings, until Monday!