Welcome! We are glad you stopped by. We are on Day 18 of the 12 Week Home Organization Overhaul. I just have to say that I am loving the transformation in my home and so are my kids. It’s amazing how organizing and de-cluttering can calm the environment. We still are having some hiccups along the way, but it always takes a little bit of transition time.
We are still in our kitchens and will be for the rest of the week and into next week. Remember, steady wins the race! We want to take baby steps so we do not get overwhelmed. We also want to celebrate our successes.
Yesterday, we started on our favorite bank of cupboards and now we are moving clockwise to the next set. Remember our process:
- Get your 3 boxes: put away, throw away, and give away.
- Start pulling everything out of the cupboard.
- Ask yourself these questions with each item: Have I used this appliance in the last year? Do I need it? Do I have room for it? Is it a duplicate? If it’s food…is it expired?
- After the cupboard is empty, scrub it down.
- Only put back the things that you will keep and that belong.
- Wipe down the outside
Whew! Another cupboard down! It feels so good! I am very proud of you for sticking with it! Try not to get discouraged and just keep at it. Every week we look back and see progress and that is worth it. We are building up our homes to be a safe and peaceful refuge for our most precious blessing, our family!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
I have been amazed at some of the things I have found in organizing our home. I would love to hear some of your experiences! Let me know how everything is going!