Welcome to Day 8 of the 12 Week Home Organization Overhaul! I am so glad you made it today. We are on our way to a well organized home. I am definitely feeling more confident and my motivation is building instead of waning. How about you? Are you feeling good about the progress you have made? Celebrate the little successes. It will keep you motivated.
Today will be our last day on our Living Rooms or our most used living space (ie. family room). The objective today is to tackle all of the horizontal spaces. In my house, if it is horizontal is collects clutter. I didn’t have a lot of things to throw away or give away but I did have a lot to put away. (I still had Christmas things up from 2013 Christmas.)
- Take everything off
- Dust and clean
- If it is seasonal, put it away
- If it is a loose picture, frame it or scrapbook it (in other words, put it away 🙂 )
- If you are like me…those empty picture frames, fill them!
- Put everything back that belongs
- Give a quick vacuum (from all the dust bunnies that we stirred up)
Did we miss anything? How do you feel about our de-cluttered and well organized living rooms? Now the chore is to keep it that way!