Biblical Womanhood~ Divine Design: Our Purpose
This post may contain affiliate links
Ask yourself “What is my purpose?” “Why do I exist?”
Before you start a list of the things that are running through your mind look at the definition taken from Webster’s “Purpose-1. the object toward which one strives or for which something exists: goal 2. A desired or intended result of effect”
Ultimately, we have one purpose that is two-fold. That purpose is simply to Glorify the Lord! We exist to Glorify Him in all we say and in all we do in every facet of our life.
Isaiah 43:7- “Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.”
The second fold to glorifying the Lord is to exalt and worship Him!
Psalm 46:10-“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”
3 Ways in which I Glorify God
- I glorify Him in my body and in my Spirit. 1 Corinthians 6:20- “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
- I glorify Him by bearing fruit. John 15:8-“Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” Philippians 1:11- “Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.”
- I glorify Him by good works. Matthew 5:16-“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
It’s Not about You!
- I was created for His own purpose! 2 Timothy 1:9-“Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.”
- I was created for His good pleasure! Philippians 2:13- “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
How do we bring glory to Him? It’s really quite simply…not easy, but simply! These 3 things should be a natural overflow in the life of a believer.
- Love God- Joshua 23:11- “Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the Lord your God.” Mark 12:30-“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.”
- Love People- Leviticus 19:18- “Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.” 1 Thessalonians 3:12- And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
- Obey Him! 1 John 2:3- “And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.”
What is it you hope to achieve? A mission is an assignment that one has been given and sent to carry out.
Read 2 Corinthians 4:14-21
- I have been given the Ministry of Reconciliation- vs 18-“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;”
- I am an ambassador for Christ- Vs 20-“Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us:”
- My ultimate mission is to please Him! 1 Thessalonians 4:1-“Furthermore then we beseech yo, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.”
God has a very specific purpose for each of us. We are to bring glory to Him. Although that may look differently in every individual’s life we all have the same purpose… to glorify Him!
Are you glorifying Him? Or are you serving your self and your own dreams and desires? Many times in my own life my goals and dreams overshadow my true purpose and my ultimate mission.
here’s a great verse to memorize to act as a constant reminder: