I have to admit I am not a fan of lasagna or spaghetti or anything of the like, but my husband and most of my kids are. The thing I do love about those dishes though, is that they are frugal meals and can feed lots of mouths, however, lasagna can take a bit of time and forethought to prepare for dinner. I usually loose track of time and pretty soon it is too late to put together a lasagna.
That is where my love for this crock pot lasagna recipe comes in. It is so quick and easy and everyone loves the crock pot right? I can put this in when my day is not so crazy and have it ready at dinner time and the best part…no cooking of noodles! It is glorious!
Makes for an easy and fast meal. Just add a salad and/or veggies and garlic bread and dinner is served! 😉
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lbs browned ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (28 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce ( I use homemade to bring down expense)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 16 oz. cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Traditional crock pot:
- Break noodles and place half in bottom of greased slow cooker. Mix browned ground beef and Italian seasoning. Spread half of meat over noodles. Layer half of sauce and water, half of cottage cheese, and half of mozzarella. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- x 13 crock pot:( doubled recipe)
- Do not break noodles, layer in pan as above.
If your family likes lasagna, give it a try and let me know what you think!