Summer feels like it is flying by! It’s crazy that the Fourth of July is next week! Whoa! Slow down summer! I hope the Do Summer Big Challenge has got you motivated to get out of the house and enjoy your summer! I know we have. It feels a bit crazy sometimes, but it has been fun and I love to see the enjoyment in my kids.
For this week’s challenge, you may need to do some research. We want to find a free community event. It can be anything from a parade to Vacation Bible School. I know in our community there are VBS’s almost every week. We have community days in the park, movie night in the park, and so much more. Dig in and find something that is age appropriate and fun for your kids.
We are attending VBS this week at our church, but I also saw that our local police department is putting on a movie night in the park. Boom….2 for 1 :). I have always wanted to do a movie night in the park, but it always seemed like such a hassle with so many small children. But now, they are all getting so big, I may bite the bullet and just do it! How bad could it be?
Here are some other thoughts and ideas:
- Attend an athletic event. (We host an Ironman in Coeur d’Alene and people come down to cheer on the athletes. It is pretty incredible.)
- Various church events (church BBQ’s, VBS, Day Camp)
- Car and boat shows
- Our local movie theaters have cheap ($1) movies
- Check out your local library (we have Lego club, My Little Pony club, etc)
- Check out the local Boys and Girls Club (they also have “Fun Days” )
I would love to hear about the different community events in your area!
Get out there and DO SUMMER BIG!