I just love store bought chili! No…really I love it! My kids love it too! But have you ever read the ingredients? Oh my! It’s a little scary. There is so much yucky stuff in there that I cannot in good conscience eat it let alone feed it to my children. I do have to say, I miss it though.
One day recently, a great friend surprised me with a meal. It was a gallon of chili. Unbeknownst to my children, it was homemade. They thought it was store bought….SCORE! I immediately sent her an email to get the recipe.
So here it is….it is fast, easy, and tastes like store bought chili! We eat it all the time now! The great thing about this recipe is you can tweak it to fit your needs (ie. THM, organic, or not 😉 )
- 2 lbs browned burger
- 2 cans Mexican style tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 cans assorted beans- kidney, pinto, black (drained)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ Tablespoons cumin
- Brown burger.
- Puree Mexican style tomatoes in blender ( I have used separate cans of chilies and tomatoes)
- Add rest of ingredients into crock pot. Simmer for 4-5 hours on low.
- Easy clean up! 🙂