Sorry, it has taken me awhile to get back! I am a little behind on this series, please forgive me.
I feel like I am sitting pretty good so far this month of sticking to a $500 food budget. We are still trying to eat out of the cupboards and freezer. It is so hard to not just grab a couple pizzas, especially with daddy gone!
This is what our menu looked like
for last week. two weeks ago.
- Breakfast: pancake squares
- Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Dinner: Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Breakfast: toast and fruit (bananas today)
- Lunch: fried egg sandwiches
- Dinner: Taco Soup
- Breakfast: Breakfast Sandwiches
- Lunch: Leftover Taco Soup
- Dinner: Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken with rice
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Lunch: Leftover Taco Soup
- Dinner: Chicken Nuggets
- Breakfast: Cereal
- Lunch: Annie’s Mac and Cheese
- Dinner: Splurge…headed out of town BK Chicken Sandwiches ($15.90 out of entertainment budget)
- Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole (Crock Pot)
- Lunch: Burritos/ taco salad
- Dinner: Chicken Alfredo w/ That Good Salad
- Dessert: Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal (crock pot)
- Lunch: French Dips with Tater Tots and Sweet Potato Fries
- Dinner: Annie’s Mac and Cheese
So, there it is. There are, however, a couple side notes. Every day I eat 2 fried eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast (long before the kids are up). On the days that the kids have sandwiches, mac and cheese, or other non-THM meals I usually just whip a salad. We do not eat a lot of snacks. I try to keep nuts and raisins on hand just in case we absolutely have to have something. I try to keep an in season fruit on hand but this week it was just bananas.
For this week, my husband was out of town and on Friday we headed to Montana to meet up with him for the weekend. Monday through Friday I fed just the kids and I but on Saturday and Sunday I fed all of us plus 2.
Here is what I actually spent:
Fred Meyer: Braggs Soy Sauce, Bay Leaf, Annie Mac & Cheese, Tazo Tea, Parmesean, ketchup, Heavy Whipping Cream, Hot Cocoa
Trading Company: Butter, French Rolls, Apple juice, Orange Juice,
Walmart: Sugar free Chocolate Chips
Super 1 Foods: Pasta (Smokin’ Deal Alert…on sale plus peelie coupons. I bought 8 boxes), shredded parmesean, half and half, tillamook shredded cheese (coupon…1.98) Heavy whipping cream,bacon, 2 roasts, sweet potato fries, tater tots,
(I also had 2 WIC checks that I picked up milk, cereal, tortillas, peanut butter, juice, cheese, and $8 worth of fruits and veggies. $27.72 & 8.00)
Total Spent: $130.17 (I actually had a $50 gift card that I used too so actual out of pocket cash for me was $80.17)
Oh, I almost forgot…I bought 10 dozen farm eggs Spent: $25.00
Brings the Total to 155.17 for this trip
January Total Spent: $172.96
January balance left: $327.04
Do you have any cheap and healthy recipes that you use regularly? I am always looking for new recipes!