I absolutely love egg casseroles! Since we have been on Trim Healthy Mama, we use low carb egg casserole recipes all the time. They are definitely a staple in our house! There is a catch though with Trim, Healthy Mama style eating…no potatoes. As most people know, trying to find egg casseroles with no potatoes can sometimes be a bit difficult. This recipe is a recipe we use a lot. Whether it be for breakfast or dinner, it is always a hit. Great flavor, low carb, and no potatoes. And even better….the kids love it!
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) cottage cheese
- ½ cup flour or for THM 3 T. oat fiber & 1 T. chia seeds
- 1 lb shredded cheese
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 4oz cans green chilies
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs. Add other ingredients, stirring in chilies and shredded cheese last. Bake in greased 9 x 13 for 35 minutes or until done.
- I half the recipe again for my family of 8
- ** For Trim Healthy Mama, substitute 2 tablespoons of oat fiber and 1 tablespoon chia seeds for the flour
Although eggs seem to be going up in price, they still are an economical meal and very budget friendly.Thankfully, we are able to buy farm fresh eggs for cheaper than Costco prices, so this makes it a healthy, cheap, easy, and yummy meal. I have also made this in my crock pot making it even more versatile.