This is the first Friday night in I do not know how long that my husband has been home. He is on vacation for two weeks and it has been so nice to have him home with us!
My youngest girl and middle boy are gone for the night staying with cousins at their grammy’s. They were so excited. That left the three older ones (15,14,12) and my youngest boy (8) at home to hang out with mom and dad.
At the dinner table we got into a discussion of Veggie Tales Silly Songs. It was quite an extensive discussion that ended with us all curled up on the couch watching Veggie Tales on Amazon and singing to all the silly songs eating cookies, ice cream, and licorice.
So, I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. I am sitting here still watching Veggie Tales as I write a blog post.
Any Christian mom with small children is probably familiar with Veggie Tales. If you are not, beware, you may become addicted to the silly songs!
Here is my list of Top Ten Silly Songs. (Not necessarily in order)
- Sport Utility Vehicle from A Snoodle’s Tale. (This is by far my favorite silly song).
- The Gated Community from Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler
- The Belly Button Song performed by Boyz in the Sink from The Ballad of Little Joe
- A Mess Down in Egypt return performance by Boyz in the Sink from Moe and the Big Exit
- I Love My Lips from Dave and the Giant Pickle
- Pants from Sweet Pea Beauty
- The Cheeseburger Song (Love Songs with Mr. Lunt) from Madame Blueberry
- Schoolhouse Polka from The Sumo of the Opera
- Larry’s High Silk Hat (Classy Songs from Larry) from Lyle the Kindly Viking
- Barbara Manatee (Endangered Love) from King George and the Ducky
It is so hard to stop at ten! They are so much fun to sing and watch and those catchy tunes are hard to get out of my head.
Check these out on you tube or better yet watch the whole movie
. Amazon Prime has a handful of them to stream.
Do you have a favorite silly song? Which one and from which movie is it from? I would love to hear!