I have so many memories of when I was growing up and usually having these little gems around New Year’s. Loved them then and love them now!
Now my kids know when Christmas is in the air, it is time for “little pizzas”. They are so versatile, but oh so tasty!
This pizza spread makes the perfect snack, appetizer, or meal.
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 1 small can chopped olives
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- ¾ to 1 lb cubed cheddar cheese
- ¾ to 1 lb cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb cubed summer sausage
- ½ cup oil
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Spoon onto party breads and/or open english muffins.
- Broil until cheese melted.
- Note: party breads are usually found in the deli.
The party breads are normally only found around Christmas and New Years in the deli. You may have to ask. My local supermarket carries them year round but keeps them in the freezer.
My personal favorite is the rye and pumpernickel breads, but if I want to use them for lunch or dinner I serve them on english muffins. They are loved in my home and I hope you love them too!