We all have those days right?! Where you have been going all day non-stop since your feet have hit the floor. And, finally, dinner time arrives and it has virtually snuck up on you. Now, you are in a scramble to figure out what to make for dinner. The truth be told you had a plan but now lack of time has changed it all. The kids are screaming, Daddy will be home shortly, and you are frantic. (We call this the witching hour in my home. Am I the only one that experiences this?)
I have some go to meals that I rely on. They are quick and easy, and I always keep them on hand just for those days. You know the ones!
This quick and easy Simple Stroganoff recipe has been in my family for a very long time. My mom used it as her go to meal. Not sure where it came from but it is very yummy and good tasting. I will include the THM tweaks that I have done to make them “Trim Healthy Mama” friendly. Add some veggies as a side and you have dinner.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 15 oz beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 cups sour cream ( we like it very creamy)
- 3 cups uncooked medium noodles
- In skillet, brown burger with onion. Spoon off fat. Add beef broth, soup, and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add sour cream and uncooked noodles. Simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir often.
- THM style- use homemade cream of mushroom soup found here http://gwens-nest.com/cream-of-mushroom-soup-recipe/
- Use Dreamfields rotini noodles. I also have used greek yogurt instead of sour cream
Let me know if you use this recipe and what you think about it! Have a great dinner! 🙂