I get so tired of planning food. Is anyone with me on this? I feel like that is all I do is try to figure out what I have to feed my crew. It is never ending. I try to find quick, healthy go to meals because inevitably (more often than not) the day gets away from me and poof it is dinner time again.
I am hoping that this recipe roundup review will be a good resource for you. Sometimes, I would love to try a new recipe, but I cannot take the chance of it not worth eating. Pinterest is so full of recipes, but sometimes it can be overwhelming.
Have you ever pinned a recipe and maybe even tried it, but you cannot seem to find it. Arg!?! I do this all the time! I have found that when I post even my own recipes on my blog it is so much easier to find them again than searching for an hour for the recipe on my Pinterest boards.
This week’s review has some great recipes! I am trying to give you some great recipes to start the first couple weeks strong! Remember, most recipes are low carb, follow the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle and are family friendly!
- Egg Roll in a Bowl from Diana Rodbourn- This recipe is now featured in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook. It is so yummy. It is making my mouth water just thinking about it. I still had a bunch of cabbage left in my extra fridge from the St. Patrick’s Day blow out on cabbage! We have eaten this a lot lately! All of my kids like this and it makes plenty for us to even have leftovers (Makes yummy leftovers too!). I load it up with cabbage! I definitely recommend using the sesame oil as it adds so much flavor! http://www.newschannel5.com/talk-of-the-town/recipe-5485-trim-healthy-mamas-egg-roll-in-a-bowl
- Easy Taco Pie from All Day I Dream About Food- This is a great quick and easy go to for Taco Tuesday! Of course, you cannot go wrong with Carolyn’s recipes over at All Day I Dream About Food! This lady is amazing!! All of the O’Brien crew likes this meal and with the kiddos I have even served it in a tortilla. Of course, my husband and kids slather it in Frank’s (not because it tastes bad, but because they like it spicy!) http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/05/low-carb-easy-taco-pie.html#5PioL22zI8mAqwQW.32
- Pan-Lickin’ Chicken from Rashel’s Run. This is the best breaded chicken recipe E-V-E-R! When I first made this I did not tell my kids the secret ingredient. They loved it. It is so tasty! I even like it leftover cold. This is a great recipe een if you are not trying to eat low carb! We usually bake up some fries for the kids and I have it with a green salad. http://awomanswalk.blogspot.com/2013/09/pan-lickin-chicken-thm.html
- Baked Oatmeal from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. This sight has numerous baked oatmeal recipe. We love the banana, but my favorite is the Blueberry. I have used numerous different berries, not just blueberries. Here are the tweaks to make it an E- meal for the THM Eating Lifestyle… I use on plan sweetener, plain greek yogurt, almond milk, and egg whites. I also add a scoop of whey protein. These are great even in muffin form for on the go snacks or breakfasts. My kids prefer the banana as I usually lace it with chocolate chips. 🙂 http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2011/07/blueberry-baked-oatmeal.html
- Butterfinger Bars from Briana Thomas. Oh my these are super easy and highly addictive 🙂 so, watch out! I took these to our dessert fellowship for all the THMers in our church and they went like hot cakes! I do not normally snack on sweet things, but I am pretty sure I could eat the whole pan of these! The kids would not stay out of them! http://www.briana-thomas.com/butterfinger-bars-s/
Hopefully, that gives you some new ideas for this week! Have you tried any new recipes lately? I would love for you to share!