It is crazy how fast the weeks are going by! We are already coming up on the middle of the month of May. WOW!
I have to say I am thrilled that our weather has been nice and warm. We have had some good rain too! We have already lit up the briquettes. That sure makes life easier and I have to say a lot more fun!
Remember these recipes are low carb and/or follow the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle to feed the whole family!
- Tomato Soup from Taste of Home. This a great tasting recipe and perfect for the Spring rainy days. I just substitute the sugar for an on plan sweetener and you are good to go! This would probably be considered a crossover because of the tomato sauce but it is tasty. I usually make up some grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids for dipping and you have the perfect lunch or light dinner. I have had to triple this recipe at times because everyone in my house loves tomato soup on a rainy day! http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-creamy-tomato-soup
- Iron-man Frittata from my recipes.com. This recipe I had high hopes for to try and incorporate some healthy goodness of spinach. Um…not so much. We all had to force it down except my hubs, as I am pretty sure he will eat about anything. There was not even enough Frank’s hot sauce to cover up the awful taste. I will not be making this ever again. Yuck! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/iron-man-frittata
- Pizza Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Holistically Engineered. The more I use spaghetti squash the more I love it! This recipe was so yummy and satisfied my pizza craving! Although, the kids were not happy with me at first, they reluctantly agreed it tasted like pizza. I think they were afraid I would never let them have pizza again. But it was a huge hit and I had no leftovers. I did double it and made an overflowing 9 x 13 :). I also used hamburger instead of sausage. http://holisticallyengineered.com/2013/11/pizza-spaghetti-squashcasserole.html
- Zero Carb Breaded Fish from The Low Carb Stratagy. We absolutely LOVE Fish Tacos in this house and last week Mike went fishing and brought home 45 fresh bass. We were so excited to try this new treat that he caught for us. We knew that we wanted to make a breaded oven fried fish. So, I hopped on Pinterest and found this recipe. We have used pork rinds for chicken and it was absolutely delicious so we gave it a shot. Oh my! It was so good! We ate until we could eat no more! https://thelowcarbstrategy.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/zero-carb-breaded-fish/ Fish Tacos where have you been all our lives! They have become a fast and easy go to meal for our dinner table and now with fresh fish, makes it so much more affordable!
- Low Carb Brownie Cookies from Margeaux Vittoria. Oh my, these bars are so yummy. I took them to a potluck and they were scarfed. Thankfully, I kept a stash at home and I hid them from the kids! They were very thick and rich tasting. No need to have a huge piece because they are so filling. I had to cook them a little longer because the middle was not cooked. I would probably put them in a slightly larger pan. I baked them in a 8 x 8. http://www.margeauxvittoria.com/low-carb-brookies-brownie-cookies/
Hope you have a great week! I would love to hear your feedback on any new recipes you try!