How organized are you? Your level of organization can determine many things in your day. How much time do you spend looking for things? Are you frustrated because your kids can’t find there shoes? Or your husband has asked you for that important piece of paper?
Here is a simple test to get a glimpse of your level of organization.
1. Do you know where your car keys are this very minute? (not where they are suppose to be but where they really are 🙂 )
2. Can you find last years income tax return?
3. Do you know where your children’s social security cards and birth certificates are?
4. Is your bed made?
5. Is your kitchen sink free of dirty dishes?
6. Have all you bills in the last 30 days been paid on time?
7. Your new phone broke and you need to take it back, can you find your receipt and warranty in less than 5 minutes?
8. Do you know where your favorite shirt or yoga pants are? (If they are on the floor you do not get credit 🙂 )
9. Do you open your mail immediately and dispose of the junk and put the important things in the appropriate place?
10. Is your home ready for a drop in visitor?
8-10 yeses….you are very organized. Please give me some tips!
6-8…you could use some brushing up.
4-6…..frustration is setting in
Less than 4….you need an overhaul! (Maybe the 12 Week Home Organization Overhaul 🙂 )
A clutter free life brings all kinds of freedom. The biggest is time freedom. Do you feel like you need more time? My husband always laughs and says “men loose things, women find things”. I do agree with him, but sometimes it frustrates me because it takes me awhile to find things.
Our homes can be organized. It just takes a little planning and a time set aside every day to transform your home to a place of rest instead of chaos.