It is amazing how fast this year is going. February is almost over and March is right around the corner. And you, are successfully transforming your home into a place of peace and rest to bless your family through the process of home organization. Keep up the great work! Try not to get discouraged and keep your focus on the why of home organization. Truly, it is to bless and nurture our family. Creating an environment free of the chaos of this world can be a difficult task but so worth it. Where else can our husbands and children truly take refuge, relax, and refuel if not in their home? Let this be our goal and what keeps us focused!
With that said, let’s move to our assignment for today. We are in the second kid’s room. Yesterday, we should have cleaned up the floor and went through the top of the closet. Let’s tackle the rest of the closet today.
- Gather your elimination and organization tools…the 3 boxes (put away, give away, and throw away)
- Pull everything out of the closet
- Go through every article of clothing and everything else that is in the closet.
- Remember the questions to ask yourself…if not check back here: http://thejourneyofasteward.com/the-12-week-home-organization-overhaulday-33.html
- Put back only the things that belong and the things that you will keep.
**I hope your tasks are not taking too long. They are meant to only take 20-30 minutes a day. I do know that depending on what your child’s room looks like it may take longer. Try to keep your tasks as close to that time frame as possible, as you do not want to get burned out or overwhelmed. My inclination is to just tackle it all, no matter the time frame. That usually back fires on me. So, try to break down the tasks if you think they may take longer than a half an hour. Set a timer and remember, you may have to leave a bit of a mess but rest assured, it will get better.
Blessings to you and your family today!