It’s Friday! Another week down in our Home Organization Overhaul! Wow! We have been doing this 8 weeks. Can you believe it? My hope is that organizing your home is now a habit and part of your daily routine. What started out as an overwhelming thought and project has now turned into an organized home. Slowly, we have been bringing our homes into order. What a blessing!
As we do every Friday, we are going to take a trip through the already organized areas. This is the most important part of the process. We do not want to allow those areas we have already done to become cluttered and creating chaos ever again. We must be disciplined to maintain these areas, but if we are diligent and set aside time each week and maybe even each day the clutter bug will be gone forever! Small changes to our daily routine can ensure that our organized lifestyle will last.
Your assignment for today, if you choose to accept it ( Just had to add that it there. I am feeling a bit like Mission Accomplished instead of Mission Impossible 🙂 ).
- Grab your put away box and start at the front door and do a walk through of every area we have done.
- Pick up everything that is not where it belongs.
- Now, here is an important step. Go put everything away that you collected. The reason I say this is my tendency is to leave the box for later or throw it in a closet and boom…now I have clutter again.
- Check for any clutter piles (hot spots) that have once been removed and now they have returned. Get rid of them.
- Now, that you have put everything away, head to the kitchen. Clear off all the counters. Put everything away.
- Take a peek in the fridge. Clear out any science projects (am I the only one that gets these?)
- Move through all the bedrooms and pick up the floor.
- Breathe! How do you feel? Are you ready for the weekend? Me too!
Tip of the day: If you had some hot spots forming it may be because these items do not have a home. It is vital that everything in your home has a designated place. Sometimes, you have to get creative in this area, especially if you live in a small space. Remember…”Don’t put it down, put it away!”
Have a great weekend! Blessings!
P.S. Make sure all the beds in your home are made today! 🙂