Welcome to Week 10 of the 12 Week Home Organization Overhaul. I am so glad you have joined us. Hope you had a fabulous weekend. We sure did. We have had crazy warm weather here in North Idaho. We have had a couple days in the 60’s (in March–very unusual).
This week we are going to hit all of our bathrooms. Some of you may have already organized under your sinks, but we are really going to dig in and eliminate and organize every bathroom in our home. This may look a little differently for some of you, as we all have different amounts, sizes, and shapes of bathrooms. But if you finish earlier than the rest of us, you can just go back and make up an assignment you have missed.
So with that being said, grab your 3 boxes and let’s get busy!
- Pull everything out from underneath the sink.
- Throw out all the cleaners/misc. items that you haven’t used in the last 6 weeks. Or be a blessing and give them to someone in need.
- Take out and put away everything that does not belong in the bathroom. We want only bathroom things in the bathroom.
- Wipe down the bottom, inside, and out side of the cabinet
- Create a cleaning basket specific to the bathroom you are working in. (We want to set up a cleaning kit for each bathroom of our homes. This streamlines cleaning and saves time and frustration searching for cleaning supplies).
- Put everything back that belongs under the sink.
- Move to the next bathroom and repeat.
Tip of the day: You may need to use the space under the sink to create a place for everyone that uses the bathroom. Every person needs their own space for their personal items especially as they get older. You may have to be creative here. You can use clear plastic tubs, plastic drawers, baskets, or drawer space.
Enjoy your day!