Welcome to the 12 Week Home Organization Overhaul! We are half way through week 10 and we are continuing our work in all of our bathrooms. I have to admit, I hate how fast the bathrooms get messy. I guess when 8 people are using them, it is understandable….but still.
The bathrooms have been difficult for me to get to this week, as my apartment is a disaster. Our apartment complex is getting ready to go through a “re-hab” (a fancy government term for remodel), so we have to completely move out. I am, consequently, trying to get some boxes packed up to get a jump start and not wait until the last minute. My goal is to completely empty my school closet so I have a place to put boxes. This project has made me realize how far gone my clutter and organization (or lack thereof 🙂 ) really is. But, I will not give up! If anything, I am hoping it will motivate me all the more and move into a much more simple life. I am so tired of “stuff”!
Sorry, enough about me….I must be in need of a pep talk. Back to the bathrooms. Today, we are going through all of the drawers or containers. Grab your 3 boxes and let’s jump in!
- Start with your make-up drawer, container, or bag. Dump it all out.
- Get rid of all your old make up. If you haven’t used it in the last couple of months, toss it!
- Wipe out the drawer and put only that which you use back.
- Move to the next drawer or cabinet. You know, the one with all the half filled bottles of hair spray and leave in conditioner. If you do not use it get rid of it. If you do not want to waste it, bless someone with it.
- Wipe it down and move to the next drawer.
This should be a fairly quick process. You know what you use, lose the rest! It just takes up space and adds frustration to your days. You have my permission to get rid of it! 😉
I need hair “stuff” help. We have 4 females in my home, that all use pony tails, bobby pins, barrettes, etc. I have yet to find a good way to organize these items. If you have a system that works for you, I would love to hear it!
I hope your bathrooms are taking shape. Have a blessed day!