Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Good day to you all! I hope your day finds you well and your home organization overhaul is going well. You are doing great! Keep up the good work! Stay focused! You are blessing your family.
Back to our bathrooms. I was able to get caught up yesterday, and it felt so good. I love the feeling of accomplishing something. I am definitely a box checker! I love crossing things off my list. (Sometimes, I even put things on my list just to cross them off. Anyone else out there do that or is that just me? 😉 )
- Take everything out of the shower.
- Throw away or combine all the almost empty bottles. (I saw one of those this morning while showering)
- If you have kids bath toys, go through each of them. Toss the yucky ones. Use a plastic basket or mesh holder to contain them.
- In my family of 8, everyone has their own poof balls, shampoos, shower gels, etc. These can create chaos. I bought shower shelving. Like these…. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EPXKJU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004EPXKJU&linkCode=as2&tag=thejouofaste-20&linkId=2QSDGXV55SPIY3UH
- Now clean your tub/shower
- Put everything back.
- This may be a great time to wash or replace your shower curtain.
Tip of the day: I hate cleaning the shower. Let me take that back, I loathe scrubbing the shower. I came across an awesome homemade shower cleaner that I love. It works wonders and it’s super easy and without the toxic smell. I use 1/2 cup Dawn Dish Soap and 1/2 cup boiled white vinegar. Put in a spray bottle and spray the entire tub. Here’s the link. Check it out. http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/tub-and-shower-soap-scum-buster.html This has changed my world! No more scrubbing. I even have spraying the tub as a chore for my kids once a week. They love to get the clean tub chore 🙂 !
Let me know if you tried the tub cleaner. I would love to hear how it works for you!