Friday is here again! I am ready for a relaxing weekend. How about you? We are finishing up week 10 or our Home Organization Overhaul. Can you believe we have been doing this for 50 days? Great job! Let’s finish this week strong. Now, that our bathrooms are well organized we are going to move to the linen closet. Let’s get all those sheets, towels, and whatever else in there organized.
- Grab your 3 boxes or bags (put away, throw away, and give away)
- Pull everything out of your linen closet. If this seems to be a bit overwhelming, depending on the size of your linen closet, work one shelf at a time.
- Go through all of your towels. If you are anything like me, you have towels that are looking a bit ratty. Get rid of them or re-use them by ripping them up into rags.
- Go through all your sheet sets. Fold them nicely and put them inside the coordinating pillow case. Get rid of any that you don’t like or haven’t used in the last 2 months. Ideally, you only need 2 sets of sheets per bed.
- Blankets, if you haven’t used them in the last year or two you are probably not going to. Get rid of them. they are just taking up space.
- Pillows- I use pillow protectors on all of our pillows. When the kids are young, I use a water resistant. As they get older, I switch to just the fabric style with the zippers.
- Wipe down the shelves.
- Put everything that you are keeping back in an orderly fashion.
- Step back and look at it…doesn’t it look nice! 🙂
Tip of the day: Any miscellaneous items you may need to store in the linen closet, can be kept separate by steralite tubs or baskets. I saw a fabulous idea yesterday that I want to implement from Tiffany at Finish with Joy. Check it out: http://finishwithjoy.com/3-tips-to-makeover-your-linen-closet.html
I hope you a blessed weekend! Rest, relax, and recharge! Enjoy your family!