It’s a good Monday! Welcome back to our home organization overhaul. I hope your weekend was full of fun and enjoyment of your family. We had a very rainy weekend, which is very necessary but usually means we are cooped up inside. How about you? When it is rainy out what do you do to enjoy your weekend? Do you grab for a game? Well, if your home is like mine, this could be a bit frustrating. I hate grabbing a game and realizing a couple cards or pieces are missing. I told my husband I should start an ebay business of selling random game pieces, as we have so many games missing pieces. Can you guess what we are conquering today? Yep…..the games.
This is going to be quite a project for me. Although, I do have a pencil box that I keep with the games to collect game pieces I find randomly through the apartment. If you do not have something set up like this I would highly recommend that you do.
- Pull out every game.
- Take an inventory of missing pieces.
- Ask yourself these questions…
- Do we play this game?
- Do we like this game?
- Is it age appropriate?
- Are all the pieces there? Can we still play it despite certain missing pieces?
…………. If you answer no….throw them away or recycle for something else. It’s hard to give away to someone if the game is not functional with missing pieces, so toss it!
For those of you that think outside the box, here is a game that I recycled. I used the tiles of 2-3 scrabble games with all my parents grandkids. Glued them on and put them in a shadow box. Boom…Mother’s Day gift.
- Put only the games back that you are going to keep.
- Do the same with all those card games and deck of cards. (this may take some time). For decks of cards, I just toss them all and buy new ones, but the actual games I go through and separate them into ziplocks for easy storage. I have been known to use my scnner and make a card that is missing. 😉
Now if it is raining again next weekend, you will be able to grab a game and enjoy the time instead of being frustrated and tracking down game pieces!
Have a blessed Monday! See you tomorrow!