Good Day to you and welcome back the 12 week Home Organization Overhaul! I hope your week is going great! We are continuing with our sewing centers today. I do not know about you, but I have a lot of sewing “stuff”. Yesterday, we conquered our patterns and fabric. Today, we will conquer all of those notions.
Yesterday, I was over and my mom and dad’s and they are doing a remodel of there upstairs. I popped in when my dad wad pulling up the carpet in my mom’s sewing room. He needed some help to move a big cabinet. I opened it to see an organizers dream! Can I just say my mom rocks! She had all of her notions and such in neatly labeled and stacked Rubbermaid containers. Now, she probably has a ton more than I do, as she is an amazing seamstress! However, she has used a system that works for her. But I am going to follow her method.
- Collect all of your notions. (Yes, I mean all of them. I have them spread out through out the apartment.)
- Lay them all out on the table or your made bed :). You want to see what you have.
- Grab some Steralite or Rubbermaid shoebox tubs and a way to label.
- Categorize like items
- If you do not have enough to fill a shoe box tub, you may want to use a plastic school boxes. Or you can just put your notions all together and label the outside of the tub accordingly.
- Get rid of things that you do not have enough of to use. You know like 2 inches of elastic. 🙂
- Find a place to store with the rest of your sewing items. Set up a “center” where all of your sewing things are in one place. I waste a lot of time just searching for things. If they are all in the same place we save time and money.
- Gather all your threads. I have not really found a great way to organize my threads, so if you know of one please let me know. Right now I keep them in a try from a sewing box.
Whew! We made it! Great job!
Enjoy the rest of your day! Blessings!