Yay! Today is Friday and I am super excited for the weekend ahead! My hubs comes home from being gone all week and I get to attend a writer’s conference today and tomorrow. Very exciting! I hope you have a fun filled weekend planned! But first, we must tackle our home organization assignment!
Let’s do a quick walk through to help maintain what we have already done and make sure all the beds are made!
Although our assignment today is not in our home, it certainly is an extension of our home.
- Grab two bags (garbage and put away)
- Head out to your car.
- Turn on some music and get to work.
- Pick up all the garbage
- Pick up everything that does not belong…yep you may need 2 bags if your car is anything like mine 🙂
- Check your emergency kit…do you have one? While you’re there check your spare tire. Things you need: Spare Tire/Jack, jumper cables, first aid kit, flashlight (with working batteries), flares, water, spare blanket, fire extinguisher. I use a heavy duty rubbermaid. I also keep some bungee cords on hand.
- Move to the glove compartment. Get rid of all the old registration and insurance forms. It is only necessary to keep the current copy. Other items you may want to keep on hand: kleenex, map, pen, mints, wipes, hand sanitizer, old cell phone. (An old cell phone with no service can be a handy emergency tool, with a charged battery it can still call 911).
- Wipe everything down
- Add some good smells (I use some dryer sheets under the seats)
- Vacuum it all.
Doesn’t that feel good! Now, the key is to train everyone to clean out every time you get out of the car.
Enjoy your family this weekend! Blessings!