Whew! We are almost done with our home organization overhaul. Pretty crazy, huh! Today, we are going to move forward and talk about maintenance of our home organization. We want our homes to continually be organized not just for the last 12 weeks. I hope you have seen the importance of making it a habit everyday, but more importantly that you have realized our need for a peaceful refuge from the outside world.
How to Maintain an Well Organized Home
- Always. Always return items to where they belong.
- Always keep in mind what you can get rid of.
- Get on a cleaning system (tomorrow’s topic :))
- Be aware of what you are buying…do you need it? Have room for it?
- Look for ways/systems to keep your home better organized
- Make home organization a priority!
- Teach, Train, and Model proper habits. (ie. put it away)
- Have a servant’s heart. One of blessing! Maintaining a place of peace and rest for your family.
Remember, home organization is never a destination. It is a habit. A process. And most certainly a journey. Enjoy it!
“Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.” Proverbs 14:1